Family Requests & Adjustments

If you are married to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may be eligible to have a family petition filed on your behalf. Likewise, if you have a U.S. citizen child or a sibling, you may also be eligible to have a family petition filed on your behalf.

In many cases you may be eligible to adjust your status in the U.S. This will all depend on the circumstances of your case. Prior to starting any legal process, you should consult a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer.

Deportation Defense

If you are in a deportation court, the best thing to do is to hire a good lawyer. Unlike a criminal court, at an immigration court you do not have a right to a public defender.

This process is highly stressful and extremely complicated. Your defense is often based on your time in the U.S., employment and family ties. Your lawyer will know what evidence to present to the immigration judge and what witnesses will impact your case in the most positive light. The right lawyer is paramount to success deportation court.

Waivers (Pardons)

There are many factors that can affect your application for residency. For example, unlawful/illegal presence, fraud, domestic violence, gun crimes and drug crimes. In these cases, your lawyer will know what waiver/pardon you are eligible to use. In many cases you can file your waiver/pardon in the U.S. and wait for a decision while remaining here with your family.

U Visas

Victims of crimes are eligible to gain lawful status here in the U.S. A victim of a crime can apply for a U visa and eventually earn lawful permanent residency. Here are some tips you should follow if you are a victim of a crime: you need to report the crime to law enforcement immediately. You should cooperate with the investigation and offer your assistance at every step of the case.

Finally, meet with an attorney who has experience with U visas to see if you are eligible for this type of visa.

Naturalization & Citizenship

Once you have been a lawful permanent resident for a certain duration of time you may be eligible for citizenship. However, certain factors can affect your application. For example: crimes, like DUI, domestic violence and drug offenses, can disqualify you for citizenship. Additionally, time spent outside the U.S. may also disqualify you for citizenship.

Fiancé Visas

In many cases a fiancé visa is a quicker and less costly way to achieve lawful status. Once the applicant has been issued a fiancé visa, he/she has a limited amount of time to act on that visa. Please consult with a licensed attorney to better understand this process.

Military options/Benefits

Serving our country is truly a noble and brave accomplishment. Applicants who have certain family members in the military, or are retired military, may qualify for immigration benefits. This process can be complicated, please consult with a licensed attorney to understand this process.


[This website includes information about legal issues and legal developments. Such materials are for informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. These informational materials are not intended, and should not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. You should contact our attorney for advice on specific legal problems.]

Translate »